A Message From Our Doctors
To Our Valued Patients,
As Illinois enacts new measures aimed at combating the resurgence of COVID-19 cases, we would like to take a few moments to address our ABC Dentistry & Orthodontics family. Our first priority has always been the safety and well-being of our patients and staff and that has not changed. As part of our ongoing commitment to patient safety and our already strong infection control protocols, we remain up-to-date on the latest guidelines and recommendations from OSHA, CDC and the ADA.
Now more than ever, we want our patients and their families to know that maintaining oral health is essential for their overall health, and regular visits to the dentists are an important component of their personal healthcare plan. We have taken the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously and have demonstrated that dental care can be provided safely without contributing to the spread of the disease. Dentistry is considered an essential service and we are not foreseeing a shut down of our office.[am-column-group align="" ratio="1-4"] [am-column]
[/am-column] [am-column]How are we protecting our patients?
- The highest-grade UV filters have been added to our HVAC system and HEPA air filters have been added to each exam room.
- Treatment areas have been modified to maintain a proper social distance of six feet.
- Deep cleaning treatment rooms between patients, and disinfecting restrooms and common areas more frequently. All non-essential items have been removed from the waiting room to prevent the spread of germs.
- Upon arrival, you will likely notice that the waiting room layout has been adjusted to facilitate social distancing. In some cases, you may be asked to wait in an alternative waiting area, such as your vehicle.
- For added protection, any person entering the ABC office is required to wear a mask. Sneeze barriers are present at the reception desk to limit direct contact with staff.
- To confirm your health status, online health screenings must be completed prior to your appointment, as well as an additional health screening upon arrival along with a temperature check and you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Dentists and staff are wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as an added layer of security for you and them. This includes gloves, masks, face shields, and gowns.
[/am-column] [am-column]How are we protecting our staff?
- All employees at the beginning of their shift are screened for COVID-19 symptoms which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire.
- If an employee is sick or presents any common symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as a fever, cough, or loss of smell or taste, they are instructed not to come to work and to notify their primary care provider.
- Dentists and staff are wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as an added layer of security. This includes gloves, masks, face shields, and gowns.
Although your dental appointment may be a bit different, the changes have been designed to keep you, your family, our staff, and the rest of the public healthy. We are proud to say that this new protocol meets and exceeds CDC and OSHA guidelines for infection control.[am-column-group align="" ratio="1-7"] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [am-column][/am-column] [/am-column-group]
As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to update its mask guidelines for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the health and safety of our staff and patients remain our top priority. Until further notice, all those entering the ABC Dentistry & Orthodontics office will be required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. We appreciate your continued cooperation in keeping our patients and staff safe!
Call us today to schedule your dental appointment. ABC Dentistry & Orthodontics is ready to take care of you and your family once again!
Thank you for trusting us with your smile!
ABC Dentistry & Orthodontics